BKR International Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Region, a region of BKR International, respects the privacy of every person who visits our website (the “site”). This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.BKREMEA.com.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
BKR EMEA Region is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the Data Protection Act 1998/2018 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (“Data Protection Legislation”).
The site is operated by BKR EMEA Region, (“we”, “us” or “our”). For more information go to bkremea.com
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you could contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
What Data Do We Collect About You
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
How we collect your Personal Data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- complete an application form;
- complete our online surveys;
- seek assistance with cross-border work for your clients
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- registering for one of our meetings;
- give us feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- your firm’s public website;
- professional bodies and institutes, such as national and international accountancy bodies;
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the other sources based inside and outside the EU.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or want to exercise your rights set out in this Privacy Notice, please contact us using the following details:
+44 (0) 207 486 4840
BKR EMEA Region
16 Great Queen Street
London, WC2B 5AH
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be aware by contacting us, using the contact details in this Privacy Notice.
How to access your information.
Please contact BKR EMEA Region at email@example.com if you want to access your information.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Disclosures of your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies, networks and associations for the purpose of assisting you and your clients with cross-border services, or to contact you to enquire about the provision of your professional services;
- Across the BKR International membership, including with BKR International executive offices;
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services to us, including website designers and hosts, app designers and hosts, conferences registration site providers, and our designers and printers who prepare our publications;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, foreign exchange payment, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Third parties, such as our press relations agents, strategic alliance partners and suppliers of services relevant to your business to whom we transfer contact details
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfers outside the EEA
If you are based within the EEA, please note that where necessary to deliver the services we may transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA. When doing so we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to the personal information including but without limitation having a lawful basis for transferring personal information and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the personal information.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
Confidentiality and security of your personal information
We take the security of all the data we hold very seriously. We have a framework of policies, procedures and training in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security and regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
Collection of information by third-party sites and sponsors
The Site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ Privacy Notices as BKR EMEA Region has no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time.
This policy was last updated May 2018.