- Leveraging the expertise of BKR firms
- Membership of BKR ensures global contract for VAT registration in 9 countries
- A company's global expansion with BKR International
- French BKR firm instrumental in achieving result for client of London firm
- BKR presence in Guernsey proves valuable for Mumbai firm
- Treatment of employee expenses across multiple jurisdictions
- Multi-jurisdictional payroll, accounting and other professional services
- Cross-border: Italy to France
- International tax planning
- Reaching out from Turkey
- Cross-border accounting and consulting services
- Global Transfer Pricing reports
- BKR International inter-firm collaboration
International tax planning
A Group providing international freight forwarding services to companies specialising in the oil and gas industry initially requested international tax consulting, to structure its operations across continents, from one of BKR’s members in the United States of America. The client was subsequently introduced to Euroglobal SEE Audit Ltd to compliment the clients’ international tax and consultancy requirements in Cyprus.
The Group is now based in Singapore, partially administered through Cyprus and operating in the US. The preliminary scope of services covered by this assignment was the analysis and assessment of the various tax implications in the aforementioned jurisdictions, based on the international double tax treaties currently in force. At present this project is ongoing and both firms, using their local expertise in their respective jurisdictions, their knowledge and experience, combined with the advantage of the BKR International association’s global outlook, are continuing to assist and advise the client on appropriate structuring and placing of its operations worldwide. The ultimate goal being to minimise the overall effective tax obligations of the Group.
Moving forward, the member firms are looking to expand further the services they offer to the client and include assurance and other supporting professional services whilst continuing to act as tax advisors and address ongoing international tax compliance and planning issues.